The Channel Meet Up is back this October 17th in Menlo Park, CA. And once again Channel Mechanics is delighted to be a sponsor for what promises to be a truly engaging and fun theme!
Vendors are from Mars. Partners are from Venus
- Lisa Citron, VP Americas Channel Sales for F5
- Carissa Scholl, Enablement Programs Project Manager, Westcon-Comstor
- Lisa Penn, Chief of Staff and Channel Transformation at SAP
Okay so maybe not everyone is old enough to remember the John Gray book written in 1992 “Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus”, but at the time it took the world by storm and created quite the buzz as it went on to sell over 50 million copies. At the time it was the definitive guide to having a happy relationship.
So this time round, The Channel Meet Up is having some fun with it’s theme “Vendors are from Mars. Partners are from Venus”. Join a host of panelists and guest speakers as they argue that the relationship between Vendors and Channel Partners can be similarly challenging. The relationship needs to be an equal balance of give-and-take, an understanding of how the other side communicates, and allowing space to be that little bit different – room to shine. Without this, resentments can develop and partnerships can fail.
The Channel Meet Up
Date: Thursday, 17th October 2019
Time: 9:30 – 3.30pm
Location: Menlo Park, CA
As a sponsor of The Channel Meet Up in Menlo Park, we are inviting you to share your side of the story. Where are channel marketers going wrong? What are they doing well? We will uncover common relationship issues between Vendors and Partners and work through them with a combination of presentations and table discussions.
The Channel Meet Up will have a panel of partners answering questions, such as:
- Is there vendor loyalty?
- Why the lack of quality reporting from channel? (“Many distys don’t know their own numbers?”)
- What has been your most successful partner-marketing program?
- What comms are useful to you?
- Do you find the social content that vendors provide useful?
- How do you get new newsletter subscribers?
- How to gain mindshare with a partner that has many vendors?
- Do you see marketing playing a pivotal role in their business?
The full agenda can be found here
Register now to secure your place on “Vendors are from Mars. Partners are from Venus” in Menlo Park, with The Channel Meet Up